Thursday, April 30, 2009

happy birthday.

Today is a very special person's birthday - Kristen.

Happy birthday to Kristen. I was going to write all the things that Kristen is but, since Melissa already did that and I agree with her on all accounts. I will write about what Kristen means to me.

Kristen and I have been best of friends for a long time. We went to the same school however, we didn't really hang out but, would say "hi" to each other in the hall. After school ended we become very close. I remember to this day calling her at like 1AM to come pick me up at "The nets" (a hang out spot in Arab). Of course no questions ask here she came......At this time she was prego with Carson (HELLO she is a much better person then I am.....I would be like "this better be good because I'm getting out of bed") So, she came and we drove around for hours and listen to Tiffany "I think we're alone now...doesn't seem to be anyone around....." I had to leave my car at "The net" until everyone was gone.....I "thought" I was making my "X" wonder where I was because my car was there but, NO ME......WOW I tell you what I was "SMART". LOL. That was during the time of my high school boyfriend break up. Then we lost touch for a couple of years and during a VERY HARD time for me she comes into my life again. Just at the right time, Like an angel. And we were BFF. We would go out and made some of the BEST memories I have of the two us. As I type this and "replaying" some the memories I can't help but, laugh and smile (and think "What were we thinking). During this time I owe her my life and I will always be grateful for everything that she did for me during this time. No one will EVER understand what she did for me. She was my strength, my rock, and most important HONEST with me when everyone around me was lying. THANK YOU Kristen - I owe you more then I could ever give you. Then she got married to Josh (which I was so upset.......My "sidekick" was getting married) But, If she was happy then I was happy for her. Long story short she means the world to me and we have been in UPS and DOWNS together and our friendship just gets better. We are "somewhat" honest with each other (Ok, so I have to tell you K10 I just got a address stamper a couple of weeks ago....lol. But, you know it won't be me if I didn't have two of everything. Thomas likes the one you got us more anyway!!!!!! LOVE YOU!!) OK, so we are very honest with each other!!!!! Since I was an only child I look at Kristen, Jessica (her sister) and Hayley as my sister. They are the closest thing I have to ever having a sister. I look forward to many new memories as we grow older!!!!!

My friend, My sister, My hero, My bestie - Kristen - Happy Birthday!

Below is a picture taken at my wedding of all of us....


4 comments:

  1. you little terd!!! you were all "oh, i love it...blah blah blah...!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little post! It is so nice to have a best friend;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet of you to still love her even though she joked on you at Prom or whatever it was! j/k :)

    ReplyDelete